AZAMARA EXTENDS GLOBAL SUSPENSION OF CRUISING
Since suspending our cruise operations in March 2020, we’ve been working diligently to develop new protocols and procedures, schedule new itineraries and adjust our plans to welcome you and your clients back onboard. Today, Wed 28 April, we announced that as part of our return to service plan, we will require all guests and crew to be fully vaccinated to be able to sail.
As the world continues to confront the many challenges resulting from COVID-19, our primary goal continues to be a healthy return to service for our guests, crew and the communities we visit. While we do see cruising is slowly starting up again, there is still uncertainty surrounding the resumption of cruise operations globally.
However, several ports and regions are starting to welcome travellers back and encourage cruising. We’ve been approved to resume sailing again at the end of August 2021, with a series of new Greece Intensive voyages aboard the Azamara Quest. We are still finalising those itineraries, but we expect them to be available to book online at azamara.com as of May 11th. As a result, we need to cancel all current Quest sailings departing on or before October 2nd, 2021.
Unfortunately, as travel requirements throughout most of Europe remain unconfirmed, we’ve had to make the difficult decision to cancel the following voyages as well:
- Azamara Journey sailings departing on July 16, 2021 through September 29, 2021
- Azamara Pursuit sailings departing on July 10, 2021 through September 14, 2021
Our ships will be back in operation as per below:
- Azamara Quest®: August 28, 2021.
Azamara Quest will start the Europe season with a series of new Greece Intensive voyages sailing roundtrip from Athens (Piraeus), Greece.
- Azamara Journey®: October 13, 2021.
Azamara Journey will start the late Europe season with her originally scheduled 12-night Greece Intensive voyage from Athens (Piraeus), Greece.
- Azamara Pursuit®: September 28, 2021.
Azamara Pursuit will start the Europe season with her originally scheduled 11-night Greece Intensive voyage from Athens (Piraeus), Greece to Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy.
Our Europe 2022 – Spring 2023 OnwardSM deployment will also be announced soon, with adventures awaiting all around the globe.
Guests will have three compensation options to choose from.
- . 125% Future Cruise Credit to book a new cruise by April 30, 2022 and sail on or beforeSeptember 30, 2022.
- This amount will be based on total cruise fare paid. And, we’re giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.
- Future Cruise Credit will automatically be issued via email by May 31, 2021
- If you have purchased pre- or post-land packages through Azamara, you will also receive compensation in the same form as your cruise fare.
- If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit for this sailing, you do notqualify for this offer.
- Visit our online form to submit your FCC request.
- Lift and Shift: Or, you can keep the cruise vacation plans to the same destination and move the existing booking to a 2022 sailing within four weeks of the originally scheduled sailing.
- Call Azamarato move the reservation at the same rate and promotion by May 12, 2021
- The alternative sailing must be of the same stateroom category, on the same itinerary type and cruise length (+/- one sail night), scheduled within four weeks before or four weeks after the date of the original sailing but in the subsequent year.
- If we don’t hear from you by this date, we will automatically issue your clients a Future Cruise Credit.
- 100% Refund: Or, if they prefer the lower value in a full refund, you have until July 21, 2021 to request a refund and deactivate the Future Cruise Credit certificate.
- We will initially send you the 125% Future Cruise Credit Certificate. You have until July 21, 2021 to request a refund. We will then deactivate your certificate. Note: Please know, once we receive your refund request, we unfortunately won’t be able to accept an FCC request if you change your mind.
- You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your request.
- Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.
- Visit our online form to submit your refund request.
If you have booked Shore Excursions through Azamara, you can opt to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Shore Excursion purchases on the reservation.
- Visit our shore excursion onboard credit opt-in form to request the higher value credit. We will email you the credit by May 31, 2021.
- If we don’t hear from you on or before May 12, 2021, Shore Excursion purchases will be automatically refunded. You’ll receive your refund within 45 days of your booking’s cancellation.
- If you have opted for a cruise fare refund or for Lift and Shift, you are not eligiblefor this Voyage Planner Onboard Credit offer. If you opt to Lift and Shift your booking to a future voyage, we can help rebook you on another Shore Excursion, or provide a full refund. If you opt for a cruise fare refund, your Shore Excursion purchases will be refunded in the same manner of your cruise fare refund.
- This offer does not apply to other pre-purchased amenities and packages – like beverage, internet or specialty dining, or Azamara Upgrade, which will be automatically refunded.
- If you have independent arrangements, we suggest you cancel them directly with your travel advisor or service provider who can give you additional guidance.
GUESTS WITH AIR & HOTEL BOOKINGS
Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Azamara will be refunded automatically. Guests with non-refundable air through Azamara or independent air and hotel arrangements need to contact their travel advisor or appropriate travel provider directly to make all required cancellations. As a reminder, due to the current situation, airlines are being flexible with flight changes and the waiving of fees.
GLOBAL SUSPENSION REFUND DELAY
As we went into our global suspension of sailings, we initially estimated that refunds would take 30 days. Unfortunately, due to an unprecedented volume of refunds and credits, we are delayed. We’ve worked diligently to resolve most of the volume issues and are working around the clock to address the backlog to get you your refund, as quickly possible. Currently, some refunds are taking up to 45 days from the date requested. Please know that each and every request is receiving the same level of care and dedication. And rest assured, your refund will be honored, and it is coming – it’s just taking a little longer than expected and we’re very sorry about that. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
*NEW* FCC EXTENSION – PRE-COVID
In order to give our guests additional time to rebook their future cruise with us, we have extended the expiration date for all guests who have not redeemed the issued FCCs Pre-Covid to be aligned with our current Global Suspension & Cruise with Confidence policies/offers.
Guests will now have until April 30, 2022 to apply their FCC to an Azamara voyage that sets sail on or before September 30, 2022.
Please note clients will not receive an updated FCC. Their FCC has already been updated in our system to reflect the new expiration date of April 30, 2022.
FOR TRAVEL PARTNERS
We are very pleased to give you full commission on cancelled reservations paid-in-full, as well as the future reservation where the correlating FCC is redeemed. Please note that FCC commission earnings are payable only on sailed reservations.
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this unprecedented situation.
Please stay safe and healthy, and know, we really appreciate your continued loyalty & support.
Self-service cancellation form (to apply for an FCC, refund or lift & shift). Please note refund option is only allowed for cancelled sailings as a result of our Global Suspension.
Shore Excursion Onboard Credit Opt-In Form