Since suspending our cruise operations in March 2020, we’ve been working diligently through the details of our return to service plan, developing new protocols and procedures, scheduling new itineraries and adjusting our plans to welcome you and your clients back onboard. On Wed 28 April 2021, we announced that as part of our return to service plan, we will require all guests and crew to be fully vaccinated to be able to sail.
As the world continues to confront the many challenges resulting from COVID-19, our primary goal continues to be a healthy return to service for our guests, crew , and the communities we visit. While we do see cruising is slowly starting up again, there is still uncertainty surrounding the resumption of cruise operations globally.
As we continue to review and analyse our itinerary plans, we’ve made the difficult decision to replace many sailings between September 2021 – May 2022 due to the ongoing complexities of cruise operations in Latin America and Australia. In addition, the conditions in certain parts of the Middle East and Western Africa are not conducive to cruise operations leaving us no choice but to cancel Azamara Pursuit voyages until January 2022. We’re truly sorry for this inconvenience and are grateful for you and your clients’ patience through this pandemic.
We’re excited to resume sailing again starting with Azamara Quest in Greece as planned starting 28th August 2021. Shortly after Azamara Quest completes her Mediterranean season, she will head to the Caribbean as scheduled for her three back-to-back Caribbean sailings, followed by a new selection of 2022 Caribbean sailings. The Azamara Journey will begin her Mediterranean season on 13th October 2021, as expected and will remain there through the Winter with a new selection of sailings to the Canary Islands, Greece, and more. New itineraries for the Caribbean & Canary Islands are on sale now.
We’re counting down the days until we resume sailing this summer and remain optimistic that with each day that passes, we’re another day closer to less uncertainty and more explorations. Through our Explore Well at Sea program, we have developed advanced screening protocols, more rigorous sanitation measures, and innovative medical services — to ensure a care-free Azamara experience.
Guests will have three compensation options to choose from.
- 125% Future Cruise Credit to book a new cruise and sail by 30th April 2023
- NB: These new dates apply for all FCCs generated as a result of our pause in operations, regardless of when the sailing suspension occurred. This means all previous FCCs issued as a result of our global suspensions have been upgraded to this timeline.
- This amount will be based on the total cruise fare paid for deposited or fully paid bookings. And, we’re giving client’s a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.
- Future Cruise Credit will automatically be issued via email by 6th August 2021
- If guests have purchased pre- or post-land packages through Azamara, they will also receive compensation in the same form as their cruise fare.
- Please note: If guests opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit for this sailing, they do not qualify for this offer.
- Visit our online form to submit your FCC request.
- Lift and Shift: Or, you can keep the cruise vacation plans to the same destination and move the existing booking to a sailing next year within four weeks of the originally scheduled sailing.
- Call Azamara to move the reservation at the same rate and promotion by 30th July 2021.
- The alternative sailing must be of the same stateroom category, on the same itinerary type and cruise length (+/- one sail night), scheduled within four weeks before or four weeks after the date of the original sailing but in the subsequent year.
- New, as of 8 July: Xmas & NYE Holiday sailing – 21DEC22 sailing is allowed as an option (this was missing from the original Lift & Shift link) for the 19DEC21 cancelled sailing. Even though the sailing is 2 days shorter – as long as the guests are aware of the duration difference.
- If we don’t hear from you or the guest by this date, we will automatically issue your clients a Future Cruise Credit.
- Please note: If guests have already cancelled their sailing by opting into our Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit offer, they do not qualify for this offer.
- View Lift and Shift options for your affected sailing
- 100% Refund: Or, if they prefer the lower value in a full refund, they have until 30th September 2021 to request a refund and deactivate their Future Cruise Credit certificate.
- We will initially send them the 125% Future Cruise Credit Certificate. They then have until 30th September 2021 to request a refund. We will then deactivate their certificate.
- Please note: Once we receive their refund request, we unfortunately won’t be able to accept an FCC request if they change their mind.
- They can expect to receive their refund 45 days after they submit their request.
- Refund will be processed to the guest’s original form(s) of payment which will include any non-refundable deposits
- Please note: If guests have used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on their sailing, and they request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate their original Cruise with Confidence certificate.
- Visit our online form to submit your refund request.
GUESTS WITH AIR & HOTEL BOOKINGS
Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Azamara will be refunded automatically. Guests with non-refundable air through Azamara or independent air and hotel arrangements need to contact their travel advisor or appropriate travel provider directly to make all required cancellations. As a reminder, due to the current situation, airlines are being flexible with flight changes and the waiving of fees.
Should you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately for more details specific to your country of residence or visit our Contact Us page for your local Azamara call centre number.
GLOBAL SUSPENSION REFUND DELAY
As we went into our global suspension of sailings, we initially estimated that refunds would take 30 days. Unfortunately, due to an unprecedented volume of refunds and credits, we are delayed. We’ve worked diligently to resolve most of the volume issues and are working around the clock to address the backlog to get you your refund, as quickly possible. Currently, some refunds are taking up to 45 days from the date requested. Please know that each and every request is receiving the same level of care and dedication. And rest assured, your refund will be honoured, and it is coming – it’s just taking a little longer than expected and we’re very sorry about that. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
FOR TRAVEL PARTNERS
We are very pleased to give you full commission on cancelled reservations paid-in-full, as well as the future reservation where the correlating FCC is redeemed. Please note that FCC commission earnings are payable only on sailed reservations.
FCC EXTENSION – PRE-COVID
In order to give our guests additional time to rebook their future cruise with us, we have extended the expiration date for all guests who have not redeemed the issued FCCs Pre-Covid to be aligned with our current Global Suspension & Cruise with Confidence policies/offers.
Guests will now have until 30th April 2023 to apply their FCC to an Azamara voyage that sets sail on or before the same date, regardless of when the sailing suspension occurred.
Please note clients will not receive an updated FCC. Their FCC has already been updated in our system to reflect the new expiration date of 30th April 2023.